Sunday, March 3, 8:00 – 9:30 am
Workshop Fee: Suggested donations: $20, $10, $5, $1
Email to reserve your spot: firstname.lastname@example.org, class sizes are limited.
Join Russell Persson for a 90-minute workshop focusing on mindfulness meditation and present moment awareness. He welcomes anyone new to the practice of meditation as well as experienced practitioners. This workshop is designed to help participants experience the benefits of present moment awareness and cultivate, through guided and silent meditation, loving awareness and the refinement of our innate abilities for concentration and stillness.
The workshop will include:
- A short series of movements inspired by qigong to bring awareness to the physical body
- A guided meditation with focus on the breath to cultivate concentration and compassion and to begin to see, with precision, our distractions and addictive thought patterns
- Questions and discussion on our experience
- A brief walking meditation
- And a final silent meditation to end the workshop