TRAUMA-INFORMED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
with Christina Baggott, RYT500, E-200, and YACEP
June 11 & 12, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
The Yoga Center Reno
ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Yoga teachers can make a difference. Learn how to cultivate and grow your teaching practice with mindful approaches for sexual and emotional trauma recovery.
This Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training will:
* Provide you with a better understanding of trauma and how it can affect your student on a physical and emotional level.
* Review factors involved in teaching trauma informed yoga.
* Recognize the important role of a trauma informed yoga instructor.
* Go over boundaries, why they are important and how to set them.
* Offer an assessment tool that will help you to assess the needs of specific populations.
* Identify potential challenges and how to effectively handle them.
* Identify strategies for healthy communication techniques.
* Describe ways to modify poses for various populations and situations.
* Discuss the importance of safe spaces and how to create them.
* Recognize sources of support and effective partners.
* Connect you with other teachers on the same path.
* Enhance your self-care practice and more.
Saturday, June 11, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
Sunday, June 12, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
(This includes 30 minutes for lunch both days.)
Early Registration: $160 (offer expires June 1. Use the code EARLYREG at checkout.)
June 1st and at the door – $225
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
10 contact hours through Yoga Alliance.
Follow the link to Christina’s personal website where you can REGISTER TODAY
(Use the code EARLY REG at checkout for early bird discount.)
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Christina Baggott has been an active yoga teacher for over ten years. For Christina, yoga is a state of mind in which the entire body can relax and release to the transparency of the universe. She uses her practice to inspire others by encouraging mindful approaches that can enhance inner peace and happiness.
Christina is a RYT500, E-200, and YACEP. She received her 200 yoga certification at the International Sivananda Centre in Val Morin Canada and her 300 yoga certification at Yogamu/Bhakti Yogshala, Rishikesh, India. Her niche practice includes Trauma Informed, Chair Yoga, The Neuroscience Connection, Yoga Nidra and Kids Yoga. Christina’s yoga projects include teaching yoga for victims and survivors of human trafficking and domestic violence (NYC), teaching yoga for senior refugees (Portland, ME) and developing an after school youth yoga program (Lewiston, ME).
Christina welcomes all ages and levels.