Yoga for Scleroderma Teacher Training (18 hours)
with Kathy Randolph, C-IAYT
assisted by Lori Pierce, RYT-200 and living with Scleroderma
June 19 – June 21, 2020
The Yoga Center Reno
Here in Nevada we have been observing #StayHomeForNevada, in effect from mid-March to the end of April, and hope this will make gatherings of small groups possible by our scheduled dates. Of course we will follow the protocols set by the CDC and the State of Nevada.
For this program, we have one more safety requirement: “Is it safe to put Lori on a plane to Reno?” If it isn’t safe for Lori we won’t ask anyone else to take the risk. Although we hope to hold the trainings at their original scheduled times, we have set up the following “backup dates”, just in case:
We still hope: June 19-21, 2020
Backup: September 18-20, 2020
Backup: October 23-25, 2020
Backup: June 25-17, 2021, this is our annual training at The Yoga Center, already scheduled for 2021.
Yoga for the Special Child® Continuing Education on Scleroderma and Arthritis is a comprehensive training course in teaching students of any age with Scleroderma or Arthritis.
PRE-REQUISITE: one of:
- 200HR Yoga Teacher Training and 1 year teaching a population with special needs.
- Health background (PT, OT, RT, SLP, Nurse, Special Education Teacher) plus 1 year of consistent personal yoga practice.
- Yoga the Special Child® 95Hour Part 1 Program plus one year of consistent yoga practice.
- The symptoms of Arthritis, how relief is provided by yoga practice, safety issues, video and demonstration by Kathy Randolph with participants.
- The symptoms of Scleroderma, how relief is provided by yoga practice, safety issues, video and demonstration by Kathy Randolph with participants
- Group discussion: definition of stages, best Yoga routine for each example
- Hands on practice with fellow participants: teaching Hatha Yoga class to a person with Arthritis
- Hands on practice with fellow participants: teaching Hatha Yoga class to a person with Scleroderma
- The use of the Bandhas and Kriyas to relieve digestive issues in Scleroderma, safety issues, choosing the right technique for each case, how to teach the Bandhas and Kriyas
- Hands-on practice by participants with volunteers with Arthritis
- Hands-on practice by participants with volunteers with Scleroderma
- Group discussion: definition of stages, building up the right Hatha Yoga class for each volunteer
- $180 deposit to reserve your place, balance due by May 10, 2020.
BY CREDIT CARD/PAYPAL
- $187.00 deposit, $363 due by May 10, 2020
- View the registration letter for information about tuition, CEU’s, program schedule, transportation, lodging, what to bring: REGISTRATION LETTER
- Register online at: CLICK HERE
Contact the coordinator: Kathy Randolph, (775) 322-4600, firstname.lastname@example.org