Yoga for Scleroderma Teacher Training (18 hours)
with Kathy Randolph, C-IAYT
assisted by Lori Pierce, RYT-200 and living with Scleroderma
June 25 – 27, 2021
The Yoga Center Reno
Yoga for the Special Child® Continuing Education on Scleroderma and Arthritis is a comprehensive training course in teaching students of any age with Scleroderma or Arthritis.
PRE-REQUISITE: one of:
- 200HR Yoga Teacher Training and 1 year teaching a population with special needs.
- Health background (PT, OT, RT, SLP, Nurse, Special Education Teacher) plus 1 year of consistent personal yoga practice.
- Yoga the Special Child® 95Hour Part 1 Program plus one year of consistent yoga practice.
- The symptoms of Arthritis, how relief is provided by yoga practice, safety issues, video and demonstration by Kathy Randolph with participants.
- The symptoms of Scleroderma, how relief is provided by yoga practice, safety issues, video and demonstration by Kathy Randolph with participants
- Group discussion: definition of stages, best Yoga routine for each example
- Hands on practice with fellow participants: teaching Hatha Yoga class to a person with Arthritis
- Hands on practice with fellow participants: teaching Hatha Yoga class to a person with Scleroderma
- The use of the Bandhas and Kriyas to relieve digestive issues in Scleroderma, safety issues, choosing the right technique for each case, how to teach the Bandhas and Kriyas
- Hands-on practice by participants with volunteers with Arthritis
- Hands-on practice by participants with volunteers with Scleroderma
- Group discussion: definition of stages, building up the right Hatha Yoga class for each volunteer
PLEASE REVIEW SAFETY GUIDELINES IN LIGHT OF COVID-19
- $180 deposit to reserve your place, balance due by May 15, 2021
BY CREDIT CARD/PAYPAL
- $187.00 deposit, $363 due by May 15, 2021
- View the registration letter for information about tuition, CEU’s, program schedule, transportation, lodging, what to bring: REGISTRATION LETTER
- Register online at: CLICK HERE
Contact the coordinator: Kathy Randolph, (775) 322-4600, firstname.lastname@example.org